- students will send a PDF of lyrics before each lesson and any additional audio
- within the PDF containing lyrics, students will state their thematic and stylistic intentions
- at each lesson, students will be given verbal feedback and a marked up copy of their lyrics with any notes
- students will occasionally be given "inspiration assignments" outside of their normal songwriting
- with each lesson, individual songs will grow along with the student's craft
- understanding different song forms and their varying effects
- expressing melody to reflect lyrics and provide momentum
- using various rhyme schemes that tie lines and stanzas together
- incorporating poetic techniques to heighten lyrical intentions
- translating theme and lyrical meanings into harmony and musical textures
- analyzing existing work by various artists and applying their techniques
- creating a style personal to each student's own voice
- all lessons are conducted online over video call, though other options exist for students who may not have that resource
- lessons are only offered in English but there are no restrictions to where the student may be when taking them
- if a student is local, they have the option to study in person
- lessons repeat on a weekly basis in hour and half hour increments unless otherwise requested
- a consultation lesson is required of each incoming student at a "One Time" rate prior to beginning weekly lessons
Rates & Interest Form
One Time Half Hour Lesson - $20
One Time Full Hour Lesson - $40
One Time lessons are for first time students who are interested in taking long term and need a consultation session, or for students who are interested in temporarily taking lessons. If a student wants feedback for only one or two songs and thinks they'll need a minimal number of lessons, this is the route to take.
Full Hour lessons allow for more time to develop a song in one session, speeding up the process of finishing a song. These lessons also allow for extra work and research to be done during the lesson, reducing potential outside "inspiration assignments".
Weekly Half Hour Lessons - $75/month
Weekly Full Hour Lessons - $150/month
Students will be able to take their weekly lessons at a discount when paid by the month rather than by the week, these payments are made with the first lesson of each month on the calendar. This is the expected option for students who are taking lessons long term.
Students retain their right to end their weekly lessons whenever they please but will not be reimbursed if they don't finish a month's worth of lessons. If a student misses a lesson, it can be rescheduled at no extra cost.